Second Annual Diversity Conference
April 8, 2011
Fort Valley State University
Conference registration form
➢ The New Paradigm of Homeless Students
➢ Bullying Interventions
➢ Strategies for Teaching Students with Disabilities
➢ Effective ESOL Instruction
➢ Special Education and School Law
➢ Culturally Responsive Interventions
Call For Proposals
Click here to submit your proposal
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: February 25, 2011
CONFERENCE DATE: April 8 2011
The Student Diversity Conference Committee is soliciting proposals from students and faculty for presentation sessions or poster sessions. Diversity issues may include topics such as race, ethnicity, gender, ESOL, sexual orientation, special needs, and socio-economic impacts on education. Posters may be reports of original research or literature reviews if they include meta-analysis or otherwise significantly contribute to the generation of new knowledge. Proposals will be reviewed by the Diversity Conference Planning Committee.
PROPOSAL FORMAT: Participants should submit a proposal of up to 1,000 words, plus references in APA style. Proposals not in APA style will not be considered. Proposals with more than minor writing mechanics errors will not be considered. Poster Presentations are subject to the same submission criteria below.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE PROPOSAL:
1. Statement of the problem or research question. Include an explanation of the importance of this topic to the education of K-12 students.
2. Statement of objectives of presentation/poster session.
3. A review of relevant research/literature.
4. A summary of presentation to be provided in program (50 words or less).
5. An explanation of how you will involve the participants in the presentation.
Accepted proposals will be notified by March 8, 2011.
Send to Dr. Eleanor Sikes @ email@example.com
For further information, contact Dr. Judy Carter @ Carterj02@fvsu.edu